Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Food Funk

Loyal readers...I am in a food funk.  My cooking is uninspired, boring, untasty, and not even healthy for the past few weeks.  Please send recipes...fast.  Don't make me loop back through my Pinterest Tried and True Recipe list.  I won't do it.

I am willing to share my brilliant and inspiring toddler food ideas in exchange.  Deal?

  • Aidell's Chicken and Apple Sausage - Wyatt ate a whole link today for lunch. I was so impressed. And there is fruit in it.  I thinly slice and quarter.
  • Toast with 1/4 of an avocado smashed on it. Cut toast into appropriate sized pieces.
  •  Annie's Bunny Grahams or Cheddar Bunnies
  • Yogurt, banana, and miscellaneous fruit in blender with a touch of honey.  
  • Baby caprese - mozzerella cheese cubes, cherry tomato slices, olive oil and a little salad vinegar. 
On to other random life tidbits.
  • Wyatt had a  high fever (103.6 F) for exactly 24 hours last week and then all bettah.
  • Weaning is going well. I have cut out 2 of 4 nursing sessions and homeboy hasn't noticed.
  • Nobody told me that weaning would make me feel just like the first trimester of pregnancy.  Tired, hormonal, etc.  I was trying to figure out why I felt pathetic, and then the Internets told me I can blame weaning.  Thanks Internets.
  • I have been consistently following my heart monitor training plan for 1.5 weeks now.
  • I have been listening to the Tool channel on Pandora when I run. You may be thinking, how can you run to this channel?  Imagine running reallly slow...its more of a wogging..not even a jogging. This channel is perfect for that.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

Lovefromtexas.com just posted a tator tot casserole. Looks babytoddler friendly. AND apparently target sells star shaped tots.
Also, on a whim hailey and I stopped at a Schwans truck having a truck sale on the way home a couple weeks back - will be ordering more soon but so far the stuff we tried was fab. Minimal effort, fairy healthy and full meals for at least 2 + babytoddler. Plus it means there have been meals in freezer so I can continue searching for cooking inspiration.
Yes, I have every intention of referring to hailey as babytoddler til she tells me to stop ;)
I'll leave you with this - girl twin ate an entire banana an half a happy baby ravioli toddler meal for dinner. I suppose it would be more descriptive as well as shorter if I just called her monkey?

 
At September 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

P.S.
You wouldn't believe how happy I am to see that the twins are both eating cheddar bunnies and not homemade goldfishes. If you make homemade goldfishes I might not be able to call you my sister wife anymore

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home